Advanced Applause Dance Company (Winter/Spring 2020)
Ages: 7th-12th Grade
The Applause Dance Company is a pre-professional training program for the aspiring young dancer. Whether your goal is to dance on Broadway in "Hamilton," or for Lady Gaga on tour, our diverse curriculum aims to develop the truly well-rounded performer. Each dancer in both Advanced and Intermediate programs is challenged with cutting edge choreography in dance styles ranging from hip hop and funk to contemporary and commercial jazz. Jazz and ballet fundamentals are taught with skill and ease by our distinguished staff. The weekly three-hour intensives instill perseverance, responsibility and discipline while giving each dancer the confidence and self-esteem needed to stand out from the crowd--or at that next big audition. Each term culminates in an exclusive dance company showcase. Please call or email to schedule your audition today.
Class dates exclude these holidays:
February 16 (Presidents Day Weekend), March 15 (Spring Break), March 22 (Spring Break), April 12 (Easter), May 24 (Memorial Day Weekend)
This is an audition only performance class created for the student who is more advanced and wants to immerse him/herself in the world of dance.
• There are no refunds for the Applause Dance company.
• Students must arrive five minutes early to work at the start of class.
• Students must wear appropriate attire for class: all dancers should have athletic sneakers or jazz sneakers preferably in black. White, silver or gray accents are acceptable.
• Intermediate and Advanced dancers should bring soft jazz shoe (preferably black) to class.
• Students must wear all black to each class. Black yoga pants, black leggings, black tank tops, black t-shirts and/or black leotards are acceptable
• Parents must fill out a conflict sheet with your child’s scheduled conflicts and return it to Applause by the second week of class.
• Applause reserves the right to dismiss a student, without refund, whose conduct or influence, on the opinion of the Program Director, is not in the best interests of the program.
• A costume fee may apply, depending upon any off-site performance requirements.
• Returned Checks: There is a $30 charge issued on each check returned from the bank for any reason.
• MAKE UP CLASSES: There are no make-up classes for the Applause Dance Company because each section is working on different material for the end of semester performance. We encourage your child to attend the majority of classes and offer private lessons for an additional charge if they require extra help.
• If a student would like switch sections between semesters, all changes MUST be approved by the Director of Dance. Some changes may require an additional audition.
• Students MUST attend dress rehearsals and end-of-semester performances to be eligible for the program. Students may not miss more than 2 pre-planned classes, or their role may be compromised.
• VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY: Filming of any kind is not permitted. Applause reserves the right to film, photograph classes and share footage, movies and photographs on appropriate viewing platforms and for teaching purposes and publicity. Viewing platforms may include, but are not limited to, Applause Theatrical Workshops Inc. social media outlets and You Tube channel.