Broadway Dance Styles (Winter 2021)
Ages: 6th-8th Grade
This high-intensity class will give you the tools to pick up choreography across multiple styles of dance. The Applause Dance Staff has created a one-of-a-kind curriculum designed to improve each student’s technique while building their dance vocabulary. Each class incorporates a warm-up focused on stretching, strengthening, and placement. Across the floor combinations are broken down to help each student develop a deeper understanding of jumps, turns, and kicks. Throughout the course of the trimester, students will have the opportunity to study under multiple choreographers in a variety of disciplines including classical and contemporary Broadway Jazz. This class is a game changer for students interested in auditioning for Musical Theater Company A!
Class will be held in the Great Hall with a maximum capacity of 12 students.
Class dates exclude these holidays:
February 12th-18th (Presidents' Day Week)
COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY:
Applause is committed to meeting all approved safety criteria to minimize the risk of exposure to Covid-19 virus for our students and staff while on the premises. Applause will be transparent about any cases that should arise and will inform you of cases in specific classes.
- Class sizes will be limited to allow for proper social distancing. We have meticulously measured each classroom to accommodate students spaced 8-12 feet apart with teachers maintaining distances of 10 feet. Social distancing will be enforced for the duration of the class and all rooms have a strict room capacity. All students will participate in class at the New York State recommended distance or greater.
- Any student, staff member, parent, or other person MUST stay home if they are feeling ill, have any symptoms of COVID-19, have a temperature, or may have been exposed to COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Students may not participate in the program if they have traveled to a restricted state in the last 14 days, or if they have had contact with a person known to have COVID-19. For more information: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory
- Students may not participate in the program if their school has required students to quarantine.
- Everyone entering the building will be required to get their temperature checked. If any person has a temperature or symptoms of COVID-19, they will not be allowed into the building. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of your class to allow time for the health screening.
- Students will not be allowed to enter the building more than 10 minutes before the start of their class time.
- Any person entering the building must wear a properly worn mask (covering the mouth and nose) and must sanitize their hands upon entry and exit. They should bring their own personal hand sanitizer.
- FOR DANCE AND FILM: All students will be required to wear a properly worn mask (covering the mouth and nose) upon entering the building until they exit the building after class. We will have disposable masks available at no cost, but students are welcome to wear their own if they prefer. Wearing a mask will be mandatory for the entire time the student is in the building, and if the mask is removed at any point, the student will be removed from the class and the building without refund for the class that day.
- FOR MUSICAL THEATER: All students will be required to wear a properly worn mask (covering the mouth and nose) upon entering the building. They will be given a new, unused face shield when they get to their classroom. Wearing a face shield will be mandatory while singing for students above 2nd grade, and if it is removed at any point, the student will be removed from the class and the building without refund for the class that day. Students may take the face shield with them after class or they may dispose of them after leaving the classroom.
- All masks and face shields must be disposed of OUTSIDE of the building.
- All students must bring their own water bottles that have a straw (like a sports bottle), labeled with their name, so that they can drink water without removing their mask or shield.
- Classrooms will be sanitized between each class and high-touch surfaces will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- Restroom capacity will be limited. We encourage your child to use the restroom before they come to class.
- There will be no lost and found. Any items left behind will be immediately thrown away.
- Caregivers and parents will NOT be allowed in the building without a prior appointment made through the Applause office. To schedule an appointment, please call 212-717-0703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be no indoor waiting areas, so please plan accordingly.
- Any class that requires a snack break will have snack time outside (weather permitting). Students will be required to sanitize their hands before and after eating.
- Students will be dismissed outside of the building at the end time of their class. Parents and caregivers must arrive for dismissal on time.
- Applause may make changes of any nature at any time and from time to time to its classes, calendar, schedule, standards, policies, requirements, rules, and procedures whenever Applause deems it necessary or desirable in connection with the on-going COVID-19 pandemic. This may include, but is not limited to, changes in modes or methods of delivery of classes, modifying or rescheduling classes, and requiring compliance with new, additional, or modified standards, policies, procedures, or rules intended for the protection of the health and safety of our community. If guidelines for room capacities change, cancellations will be made to the last students registered.
- All parents must sign the following Waiver of Liability prior to the start of class: Waiver of Liability
- MAKE-UP CLASSES: Our After-School and Pre-School classes will have 2 virtual make-up dates throughout the trimester. There are no make-up classes for our weekend program. We encourage your child to attend the majority of classes and we offer private lessons for an additional charge if they require extra help.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: There will be no refunds or credits given for any classes due to strictly limited class sizes. If a student provides a positive test for COVID-19 and is unable to participate for the remainder of the trimester, a credit may be issued.
- RETURNED CHECKS: A $30.00 fee will be charged for each check returned from the bank for any reason.
- Applause reserves the right to dismiss a student, without refund, whose conduct or influence, in the opinion of the Program Director, is not in the best interests of the class.
- Children must bring appropriate clothing for class: comfortable clothing, dance shoes (no boots or sandals).
- Applause is committed to being a safe and welcoming space regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or socio-economic status. No discriminating acts or remarks will be tolerated by students or parents at Applause.
VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY POLICY:
- Filming of any kind is not permitted. Applause reserves the right to film, photograph classes and share footage, movies and photographs on appropriate viewing platforms and for teaching purposes and publicity. Viewing platforms may include, but are not limited to, Applause Theatrical Workshops Inc. social media outlets and YouTube channel.