Hip-Hop (Winter/Spring 2020)
Ages: K-1st Grade
This energetic, fun-filled dance class will make your child a hip-hop star! Our hip-hop curriculum will help your dancer develop strength, flexibility, rhythm and agility, while exploring the world of street-based, hip-hop styles. Dancers will learn new skills and grooves every week, and are encouraged to bring their personality and individual style to every class. At the end of the semester they will rock the stage at a huge recital in front of 500 people.
Class dates exclude these holidays:
February 17 (Presidents Day), March 16 (Spring Break), March 23 (Spring Break), May 25 (Memorial Day)
February 18, March 17 (Spring Break), March 24 (Spring Break), May 19
March 18 (Spring Break), March 25 (Spring Break), April 8th (Only applies to classes that end after 5:05pm) May 20 (Only applies to hip-hop and musical theater classes)
March 19 (Spring Break), March 26 (Spring Break), May 21
March 20 (Spring Break), March 27 (Spring Break), April 10
• CANCELLATION POLICY (Pre-school & After-School): A full refund less a $75 cancellation fee will be given if Applause is notified 24 hours prior to the second class of the semester. If we are notified of the cancellation later, we are unable to give any kind of refund. Please note that this does not include Private Groups or Dance Performance Styles and Technique classes.
• There are no refunds for Private Groups or Dance Performance Styles and Technique classes.
• RETURNED CHECKS: A $30.00 fee will be charged for each check returned from the bank for any reason.
• PERFORMANCE CLASSES: If the class culminates with a performance, tickets for the end of the semester performance are NOT included in the cost of the class. They will go on sale through the Hunter College Box Office. Show dates will be announced at the beginning of the semester.
• VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY: Filming of any kind is not permitted. Applause reserves the right to film, photograph classes and share footage, movies and photographs on appropriate viewing platforms and for teaching purposes and publicity. Viewing platforms may include, but are not limited to, Applause Theatrical Workshops Inc. social media outlets and You Tube channel.
• MAKE UP CLASSES: There are no make-up classes for our after-school program because each class is working on different material for the end of semester performance. We encourage your child to attend the majority of classes and offer private lessons for an additional charge if they require extra help. Pre-School students are eligible for one make-up class within the semester, pending availability.
• Applause reserves the right to dismiss a student, without refund, whose conduct or influence, on the opinion of the Program Director, is not in the best interests of the class.
• We ask that parents and caregivers wait outside of the classroom.
• Children must bring appropriate clothing for class: comfortable clothing, dance shoes (no boots or sandals).
• Students enrolling in Dance Performance Styles and Technique classes are required to adhere to specific dress codes as follows:
Intermediate Dance Performance Styles and Technique: Black Yoga or Dance pants, Jazz Shoes and white top (not fitted and without patterns)
Advanced Dance Performance Styles and Technique: Black Yoga or Dance pants, Jazz Shoes and blue top (not fitted and without patterns)