Jr. Applause Dance Company (Winter/Spring 2020)
Ages: 3rd-6th Grade
The Junior Applause Dance Company is a pre-professional training program that specializes in hip hop, jazz and commercial styles of dance. The rigorous rehearsals instill perseverance, responsibility and discipline- all while giving your child the confidence and self-esteem needed to stand out from the crowd and rock the stage. This first step towards joining our Intermediate Company will give you the foundation and tools to work in any professional dance realm. Each term culminates in an exclusive dance company showcase. Please call or email to schedule your audition today.
Class dates exclude these holidays:
February 15 (Presidents Day Weekend), March 21 (Spring Break), March 28 (Spring Break), April 11 (Easter Weekend), May 23 (Memorial Day Weekend)
February 16 (Presidents Day Weekend), March 15 (Spring Break), March 22 (Spring Break), April 12 (Easter), May 24 (Memorial Day Weekend)
This is an audition only performance class created for the student who is more advanced and wants to immerse him/herself in the world of dance.
• There are no refunds for the Applause Dance company.
• Students must arrive five minutes early to work at the start of class.
• Students must wear appropriate attire for class: all dancers should have athletic sneakers or jazz sneakers preferably in black. White, silver or gray accents are acceptable.
• Intermediate and Advanced dancers should bring soft jazz shoe (preferably black) to class.
• Students must wear all black to each class. Black yoga pants, black leggings, black tank tops, black t-shirts and/or black leotards are acceptable
• Parents must fill out a conflict sheet with your child’s scheduled conflicts and return it to Applause by the second week of class.
• Applause reserves the right to dismiss a student, without refund, whose conduct or influence, on the opinion of the Program Director, is not in the best interests of the program.
• A costume fee may apply, depending upon any off-site performance requirements.
• Returned Checks: There is a $30 charge issued on each check returned from the bank for any reason.
• MAKE UP CLASSES: There are no make-up classes for the Applause Dance Company because each section is working on different material for the end of semester performance. We encourage your child to attend the majority of classes and offer private lessons for an additional charge if they require extra help.
• If a student would like switch sections between semesters, all changes MUST be approved by the Director of Dance. Some changes may require an additional audition.
• Students MUST attend dress rehearsals and end-of-semester performances to be eligible for the program. Students may not miss more than 2 pre-planned classes, or their role may be compromised.
• VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY: Filming of any kind is not permitted. Applause reserves the right to film, photograph classes and share footage, movies and photographs on appropriate viewing platforms and for teaching purposes and publicity. Viewing platforms may include, but are not limited to, Applause Theatrical Workshops Inc. social media outlets and You Tube channel.