Film Acting (Winter/Spring 2020)
Ages: 2nd-4th Grade
Calling all superstars ready to move past their school hallways and onto the big screen! With 2nd-4th Grade Film Acting, your child will be able to show off their larger-than-life personality or find their voice that you know is inside them. This phenomenal class will teach them the skills needed to make it on the silver screen while fostering a fun and exciting environment. Throughout the semester, the class will vote on ideas of movies they’ve always dreamed of making. After auditioning for roles and getting cast in parts, students will be launched onto a real film set to experience the electrifying world of movie-making! This level will build further on the basics of acting on-camera, including characterization, scene building and line memorization, all while continuing to build their confidence to be a leading actor/actress in front of the camera, as well as in life. Our elite team of professional filmmakers will bring their blockbusters to life with top-notch direction, costumes and cutting-edge cameras and equipment. The semester culminates in a red-carpet premiere of all films created at a real movie theater! But the excitement doesn’t end there— keep an eye out as all films premiere on our viral YouTube Channel (Applause New York) to our 905,000+ subscribers and add to our 520 MILLION views!
Class dates exclude these holidays:
February 17 (Presidents Day), March 16 (Spring Break), March 23 (Spring Break), May 25 (Memorial Day)
February 18, March 17 (Spring Break), March 24 (Spring Break), May 19
March 18 (Spring Break), March 25 (Spring Break), April 8th (Only applies to classes that end after 5:05pm) May 20 (Only applies to hip-hop and musical theater classes)
March 19 (Spring Break), March 26 (Spring Break), May 21
March 20 (Spring Break), March 27 (Spring Break), April 10
• FILM ACTING (K-2nd, 2nd-4th, 5th-8th) CANCELLATION POLICY: A full refund less a $75 cancellation fee will be given if Applause is notified 24 hours after the first class of the semester. After this point in time, we are unable to offer any kind of refund.
• RETURNED CHECKS: A $30.00 fee will be charged for each check returned from the bank for any reason.
• VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY: Filming of any kind is not permitted. Applause reserves the right to film, photograph classes and share footage, movies and photographs on appropriate viewing platforms and for teaching purposes and publicity. Viewing platforms may include, but are not limited to, Applause Theatrical Workshops Inc. social media outlets and You Tube channel.
• MAKE UP CLASSES: There are no make-up classes for our film program because each class is working on different material throughout the semester. We encourage your child to attend the majority of classes and offer private lessons for an additional charge if they require extra help.
• Applause reserves the right to dismiss a student, without refund, whose conduct or influence, on the opinion of the Program Director, is not in the best interests of the class.
• All parents/students will be required to hand in a conflict sheet noting any scheduled absences throughout the semester.
• All parents/students will be required to fill out a minor talent release before the first day of class.