Film Acting (Winter/Spring 2020)
Ages: K-2nd Grade
Do you have a kid who’s full of personality and is begging you to be in the movies or on TV? Or maybe your child is on the shy side and is just starting to come out of their shell? Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind class that brings Hollywood right here to the Upper East Side! Each semester, the class will vote on ideas of movies. The students audition for roles, get cast in parts and launched onto a real film set to experience movie-making! We will teach them the basics of acting on-camera, staying focused and storytelling, all while continuing to build their confidence to be a lead on-camera and in life. Our elite team of professional filmmakers will create blockbusters with top-notch direction, costumes and cutting-edge cameras. The semester culminates in a red-carpet premiere of all films created at a real movie theater! Keep an eye out as all films premiere on our viral YouTube Channel (Applause New York) to our 700,000+ subscribers and add to our 400 MILLION views!
Class dates exclude these holidays:
February 17 (Presidents Day), March 16 (Spring Break), March 23 (Spring Break), May 25 (Memorial Day)
February 18, March 17 (Spring Break), March 24 (Spring Break), May 19
March 18 (Spring Break), March 25 (Spring Break), May 20
March 19 (Spring Break), March 26 (Spring Break), May 21
March 20 (Spring Break), March 27 (Spring Break), April 10
• CANCELLATION POLICY: A full refund less a $75 cancellation fee will be given if Applause is notified 24 hours after the first class of the semester. After this point in time, we are unable to offer any kind of refund.
• THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR THE TV SERIES, FILM FESTIVAL, FILMMAKER EXPERIENCE AND YOUTUBE SPACE CLASSES.
• RETURNED CHECKS: A $30.00 fee will be charged for each check returned from the bank for any reason.
• VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY: Filming of any kind is not permitted. Applause reserves the right to film, photograph classes and share footage, movies and photographs on appropriate viewing platforms and for teaching purposes and publicity. Viewing platforms may include, but are not limited to, Applause Theatrical Workshops Inc. social media outlets and You Tube channel.
• MAKE UP CLASSES: There are no make-up classes for our film program because each class is working on different material throughout the semester. We encourage your child to attend the majority of classes and offer private lessons for an additional charge if they require extra help.
• Applause reserves the right to dismiss a student, without refund, whose conduct or influence, on the opinion of the Program Director, is not in the best interests of the class.
• All parents/students will be required to hand in a conflict sheet noting any scheduled absences throughout the semester.
• All parents/students will be required to fill out a minor talent release before the first day of class.
• YOUTUBE CLASS:
Students must be available for two to four (2-4) shooting days at the You Tube Space located at Chelsea Market on 9th Avenue and West 16th Street.
Shooting dates will start at 4:00pm and may go as late at 8:00pm.
Shooting dates will be determined each semester.
Students shall meet at Applause and will be transported to and from the You Tube Space by Applause teacher chaperones.
No conflicts will be accepted unless notified prior to enrolling in the class, or a student’s film role may be compromised.
A waiver must be signed by both the parent and student prior to the first day of class.