Film Festival Class (Winter/Spring 2020)
Ages: 6th-10th Grade
This advanced on-camera class is for the student who is eager to take the filmmaking process to the professional level. Throughout the semester, students will brainstorm scripts and have an immersive, hands-on experience. All class members will take part in acting, writing, directing and getting behind the camera to bring original scripts to life. The class will focus on acting technique, elevating professional auditioning skills to the next level. The class culminates in a private film screening where we will invite industry members to view the incredible work they've created. This class requires approval from the film department to join.
Class dates exclude these holidays:
February 17 (Presidents Day), March 16 (Spring Break), March 23 (Spring Break), May 25 (Memorial Day)
February 18, March 17 (Spring Break), March 24 (Spring Break), May 19
March 18 (Spring Break), March 25 (Spring Break), April 8th (Only applies to classes that end after 5:05pm) May 20 (Only applies to hip-hop and musical theater classes)
March 19 (Spring Break), March 26 (Spring Break), May 21
March 20 (Spring Break), March 27 (Spring Break), April 10
• THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR THE TV SERIES, FILM FESTIVAL, FILMMAKER EXPERIENCE AND YOUTUBE SPACE CLASSES.
• RETURNED CHECKS: A $30.00 fee will be charged for each check returned from the bank for any reason.
• VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY: Filming of any kind is not permitted. Applause reserves the right to film, photograph classes and share footage, movies and photographs on appropriate viewing platforms and for teaching purposes and publicity. Viewing platforms may include, but are not limited to, Applause Theatrical Workshops Inc. social media outlets and You Tube channel.
• MAKE UP CLASSES: There are no make-up classes for our film program because each class is working on different material throughout the semester. We encourage your child to attend the majority of classes and offer private lessons for an additional charge if they require extra help.
• Applause reserves the right to dismiss a student, without refund, whose conduct or influence, on the opinion of the Program Director, is not in the best interests of the class.
• All parents/students will be required to hand in a conflict sheet noting any scheduled absences throughout the semester.
• All parents/students will be required to fill out a minor talent release before the first day of class.