The Filmmaker Experience (Winter/Spring 2020)
Ages: 9th-12th Grade
This immersive and innovative class is the quintessential program for serious high-school students looking to take the plunge into all aspects of filmmaking and acting for the camera! Limited to 12 exclusive spots, students will work for half of the semester in a one-on-one setting with film professionals in a specialized track of their choosing: writing, directing, cinematography or production. From concept to creation, their team will create a fully-produced cutting-edge short film, and gain extensive skills, knowledge and expertise in the focused area of their choosing. The other half of the semester will be spent focusing on acting for the camera. Advanced acting technique for the camera will be the focus, teaching them how to break down sides, create fully-realized characters and bring performances to life on-screen that would rival any Oscar winner! This class culminates in a private film screening where we will invite industry members to view the incredible work students have created. If you are excited by the idea of becoming a professional actor or filmmaker, do not miss this premiere class! Approval from film department required to join. Must have some occasional weekend availability for shoots.
Class dates exclude these holidays:
February 17 (Presidents Day), March 16 (Spring Break), March 23 (Spring Break), May 25 (Memorial Day)
February 18, March 17 (Spring Break), March 24 (Spring Break), May 19
March 18 (Spring Break), March 25 (Spring Break), May 20
March 19 (Spring Break), March 26 (Spring Break), May 21
March 20 (Spring Break), March 27 (Spring Break), April 10
• CANCELLATION POLICY: A full refund less a $75 cancellation fee will be given if Applause is notified 24 hours after the first class of the semester. After this point in time, we are unable to offer any kind of refund.
• THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR THE TV SERIES, FILM FESTIVAL, FILMMAKER EXPERIENCE AND YOUTUBE SPACE CLASSES.
• RETURNED CHECKS: A $30.00 fee will be charged for each check returned from the bank for any reason.
• VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY: Filming of any kind is not permitted. Applause reserves the right to film, photograph classes and share footage, movies and photographs on appropriate viewing platforms and for teaching purposes and publicity. Viewing platforms may include, but are not limited to, Applause Theatrical Workshops Inc. social media outlets and You Tube channel.
• MAKE UP CLASSES: There are no make-up classes for our film program because each class is working on different material throughout the semester. We encourage your child to attend the majority of classes and offer private lessons for an additional charge if they require extra help.
• Applause reserves the right to dismiss a student, without refund, whose conduct or influence, on the opinion of the Program Director, is not in the best interests of the class.
• All parents/students will be required to hand in a conflict sheet noting any scheduled absences throughout the semester.
• All parents/students will be required to fill out a minor talent release before the first day of class.
• YOUTUBE CLASS:
Students must be available for two to four (2-4) shooting days at the You Tube Space located at Chelsea Market on 9th Avenue and West 16th Street.
Shooting dates will start at 4:00pm and may go as late at 8:00pm.
Shooting dates will be determined each semester.
Students shall meet at Applause and will be transported to and from the You Tube Space by Applause teacher chaperones.
No conflicts will be accepted unless notified prior to enrolling in the class, or a student’s film role may be compromised.
A waiver must be signed by both the parent and student prior to the first day of class.