Filmmaker Experience Workshop (Winter/Spring 2020)
Ages: 9th-12th Grade
This immersive and innovative class is the quintessential program for serious high-school students looking to take the plunge into all aspects of filmmaking! From concept to creation, each student will learn how to write, storyboard, shoot, edit, and score their own film, all while taking on the starring role in their movie. In addition to weekly masterclasses, students will receive 3 Q&A Talkbacks with elite industry professionals including an award-winning director, cinematographer and editor. The semester culminates with an online screening of all of the films created! If you are excited by the idea of becoming a professional actor or filmmaker, do not miss this premiere class!
Class dates exclude these holidays:
February 17 (Presidents Day), March 16 (Spring Break), March 23 (Spring Break), May 25 (Memorial Day)
February 18, March 17 (Spring Break), March 24 (Spring Break), May 19
March 18 (Spring Break), March 25 (Spring Break), April 8th (Only applies to classes that end after 5:05pm) May 20 (Only applies to hip-hop and musical theater classes)
March 19 (Spring Break), March 26 (Spring Break), May 21
March 20 (Spring Break), March 27 (Spring Break), April 10
• THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR THE TV SERIES, FILM FESTIVAL, FILMMAKER EXPERIENCE AND YOUTUBE SPACE CLASSES.
• RETURNED CHECKS: A $30.00 fee will be charged for each check returned from the bank for any reason.
• VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY: Filming of any kind is not permitted. Applause reserves the right to film, photograph classes and share footage, movies and photographs on appropriate viewing platforms and for teaching purposes and publicity. Viewing platforms may include, but are not limited to, Applause Theatrical Workshops Inc. social media outlets and You Tube channel.
• MAKE UP CLASSES: There are no make-up classes for our film program because each class is working on different material throughout the semester. We encourage your child to attend the majority of classes and offer private lessons for an additional charge if they require extra help.
• Applause reserves the right to dismiss a student, without refund, whose conduct or influence, on the opinion of the Program Director, is not in the best interests of the class.
• All parents/students will be required to hand in a conflict sheet noting any scheduled absences throughout the semester.
• All parents/students will be required to fill out a minor talent release before the first day of class.