Intermediate Filmmaker Experience (Fall 2020)
Ages: 6th-8th Grade
Can’t decide if you want to be an actor, writer, or director? Well in this class, you get to do it all! Over the course of the semester students will be presented with a movie challenge to learn how to write, direct, film, star in and edit their very own movie! Work with our Applause New York film staff to learn the basics of screenwriting, how to film your movie, and editing tips and tricks that will bring any brilliant idea to life. Then sit back and relax as we premiere your movies in your own private film screening on YouTube for friends and family around the world to see! (Must have access to iPad or Mac for this course)
Class dates exclude these holidays:
Wednesday Classes: November 25th (Thanksgiving)
Thursday Classes: November 26th (Thanksgiving)
Friday Classes: November 27th (Thanksgiving)
You will recieve a Zoom link to the class the day before your class begins.
- There are no refunds for our online programs.
• RETURNED CHECKS: A $30.00 fee will be charged for each check returned from the bank for any reason.
• VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY: Filming of any kind is not permitted. Applause reserves the right to film, photograph classes and share footage, movies and photographs on appropriate viewing platforms and for teaching purposes and publicity. Viewing platforms may include, but are not limited to, Applause Theatrical Workshops Inc. social media outlets and YouTube channel.
• MAKE UP CLASSES: There are no make-up classes for our online programs.
• Applause reserves the right to dismiss a student, without refund, whose conduct or influence, on the opinion of the Program Director, is not in the best interests of the class.