Advanced Musical Theater (Fall 2019)
Ages: 4th Grade
After graduating from our beginning and intermediate Musical Theater classes, the next step is Advanced Musical Theater. This two-hour class will build on the foundations learned in our other Musical Theater classes. Students will work on scripted scenes, solo singing, cold readings, harmonies and advanced dance for their production numbers, which they will perform at the end of the semester in front of 500 people.
Class dates exclude these holidays:
September 30 (Rosh Hashanah), October 14 (Columbus Day), December 23 (Winter Break), December 30 (Winter Break)
October 1 (Rosh Hashanah), October 8 (Yom Kippur), December 24 (Winter Break), December 31 (Winter Break)
October 9 (Yom Kippur), November 27 (Thanksgiving Break), December 25 (Winter Break), January 1 (Winter Break)
October 31 (Halloween), November 28 (Thanksgiving), December 26 (Winter Break), January 2 (Winter Break)
November 29 (Thanksgiving Break), December 20 (Winter Break), December 27 (Winter Break), January 3 (Winter Break)
- Performance Classes: Tickets for the end of semester performance are NOT included in the cost of the class. They will go on sale through the Hunter College Box Office, date to be announced at the start of the semester.
- Video & Photography: Video cameras or filming of any kind is not permitted, although Applause reserves the right to film or photograph classes for teaching purposes and publicity.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund less a $75 cancellation fee will be given as long as we are notified 24 hours before your second class.
- Returned Checks: There is a $30 charge issued on each check returned from the bank for any reason
- There are no makeup classes for our after-school program as each class is working on different material for an end of semester performance. We encourage your child to attend the majority of classes and offer private lessons for an additional charge if they require extra help.