Intermediate Weekday Workshop (Winter/Spring 2020)
Ages: 4th-8th Grade
Have you always wanted to be part of a musical but just didn’t have the time to join one of our weekend programs? Have you ever thought, “I’d love to be in a musical with a friend or group of friends!”? Do you long to play your dream role, in your dream show? Let Applause make those dreams come true. In this one-of-a-kind class you’ll work with a director, choreographer and musical director. On day one, you and your classmates will vote on a show. After 15 weeks of rehearsals the class will culminate with a performance of the final product before an adoring crowd. Sign up alone, or as a group -- we will build the fun. Can't you hear the Applause already?
Class dates exclude these holidays:
February 17 (Presidents Day), March 16 (Spring Break), March 23 (Spring Break), May 25 (Memorial Day)
February 18, March 17 (Spring Break), March 24 (Spring Break), May 19
March 18 (Spring Break), March 25 (Spring Break), April 8th (Only applies to classes that end after 5:05pm) May 20 (Only applies to hip-hop and musical theater classes)
March 19 (Spring Break), March 26 (Spring Break), May 21
March 20 (Spring Break), March 27 (Spring Break), April 10
• CANCELLATION POLICY: A full refund less a $75 cancellation fee will be given if Applause is notified one week prior to the first class of the semester. If we are notified of the cancellation later, we are unable to give any kind of refund.
• RETURNED CHECKS: A $30.00 fee will be charged for each check returned from the bank for any reason.
• VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY: Filming of any kind is not permitted. Applause reserves the right to film, photograph classes and share footage, movies and photographs on appropriate viewing platforms and for teaching purposes and publicity. Viewing platforms may include, but are not limited to, Applause Theatrical Workshops Inc. social media outlets and You Tube channel.
• MAKE UP CLASSES: There are no make-up classes for our after-school program because each class is working on different material for the end of semester performance. We encourage your child to attend the majority of classes and offer private lessons for an additional charge if they require extra help.
• Applause reserves the right to dismiss a student, without refund, whose conduct or influence, on the opinion of the Program Director, is not in the best interests of the class.
• Children must bring appropriate clothing for class: comfortable clothing, dance shoes (no boots or sandals).
• Students must bring a handheld recording device that is in perfect working condition to every class to record music and harmonies.
• Parents must fill out a conflict sheet with your child’s scheduled conflicts and return it to Applause by the second week of class.
• Students MUST attend dress rehearsals and end-of-semester performances to be eligible for the program.