Musical Theater (Winter/Spring 2020)
Ages: 4-5 Years
This wonderful class introduces musical theater to children, and now we put the spotlight on them! Through acting games, improvisation, singing and dance moves, your child will be performing in no time. If your child is already performing for you at home, or your child needs a little more encouragement, then this is the class for them! At the end of this semester, the class will have the option to perform on a stage with costumes, lights and sound in front of 500 people. Here’s a chance for your child to strut their stuff!
Class dates exclude these holidays:
September 30 (Rosh Hashanah), October 14 (Columbus Day), December 23 (Winter Break), December 30 (Winter Break)
October 1 (Rosh Hashanah), October 8 (Yom Kippur), December 24 (Winter Break), December 31 (Winter Break)
October 9 (Yom Kippur), November 27 (Thanksgiving Break), December 25 (Winter Break), January 1 (Winter Break)
October 31 (Halloween), November 28 (Thanksgiving), December 26 (Winter Break), January 2 (Winter Break)
November 29 (Thanksgiving Break), December 20 (Winter Break), December 27 (Winter Break), January 3 (Winter Break)
• CANCELLATION POLICY (Pre-school & After-School): A full refund less a $75 cancellation fee will be given if Applause is notified 24 hours prior to the second class of the semester. If we are notified of the cancellation later, we are unable to give any kind of refund. Please note that this does not include Private Groups or Dance Performance Styles and Technique classes.
• There are no refunds for Private Groups or Dance Performance Styles and Technique classes.
• RETURNED CHECKS: A $30.00 fee will be charged for each check returned from the bank for any reason.
• PERFORMANCE CLASSES: If the class culminates with a performance, tickets for the end of the semester performance are NOT included in the cost of the class. They will go on sale through the Hunter College Box Office. Show dates will be announced at the beginning of the semester.
• VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY: Filming of any kind is not permitted. Applause reserves the right to film, photograph classes and share footage, movies and photographs on appropriate viewing platforms and for teaching purposes and publicity. Viewing platforms may include, but are not limited to, Applause Theatrical Workshops Inc. social media outlets and You Tube channel.
• MAKE UP CLASSES: There are no make-up classes for our after-school program because each class is working on different material for the end of semester performance. We encourage your child to attend the majority of classes and offer private lessons for an additional charge if they require extra help. Pre-School students are eligible for one make-up class within the semester, pending availability.
• Applause reserves the right to dismiss a student, without refund, whose conduct or influence, on the opinion of the Program Director, is not in the best interests of the class.
• We ask that parents and caregivers wait outside of the classroom.
• Children must bring appropriate clothing for class: comfortable clothing, dance shoes (no boots or sandals).
• Students enrolling in Dance Performance Styles and Technique classes are required to adhere to specific dress codes as follows:
Intermediate Dance Performance Styles and Technique: Black Yoga or Dance pants, Jazz Shoes and white top (not fitted and without patterns)
Advanced Dance Performance Styles and Technique: Black Yoga or Dance pants, Jazz Shoes and blue top (not fitted and without patterns)