Musical Theater Company A (Fall 2019)
Ages: 9th-12th Grade
This exciting and intense workshop is for the child who is serious about theater. Each actor must commit to working hard and learning every facet of putting on an Off-Broadway show. The director, choreographer and musical director provide training in acting, singing and dancing through the vigorous rehearsal process. The semester will also include weekly workshops conducted by Applause faculty members. Students will also receive at least two Masterclasses with top industry professionals! The semester ends with a performance in a beautiful Off-Broadway theater. Invite your friends and family to the shows, which are frequently attended by agents, managers and casting directors looking for new talent. Workshops are by audition only. Please call to make an appointment.
Class dates exclude these holidays:
October 12 (Columbus Day Weekend), November 30 (Thanksgiving Weekend), December 21 (Winter Break), December 28 (Winter Break)
- THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR THE WEEKEND WORKSHOPS.
- Students entering Company A must take at least one year (two semesters) of Intermediate Dance Performance Styles and Technique or another dance class of an equivalent level before being granted approval. Students enrolled in Company A must take Advanced Dance Performance Styles and Technique or a dance class of equivalent level.
- Students must wear appropriate attire for class: comfortable clothing, dance shoes (no boots or sandals).
- Students must bring a handheld recording device that is in perfect working condition to every class to record music and harmonies.
- Students must attend dress rehearsals and end-of-semester performances, otherwise they cannot be in the program. Students may not miss more than 2 pre-planned classes, or their role may be compromised
- Applause reserves the right to dismiss a student, without refund, whose conduct or influence, in the opinion of the Program Director, is not in the best interests of the program.
- Returned Checks: There is a $30 charge issued on each check returned from the bank for any reason