Musical Theater Company B (Sunday AM) (Fall 2019)
Ages: 5th-8th Grade
This exciting and intense workshop is for the child who is serious about theater. Each actor needs to make the commitment to work hard and learn everything there is to know about what it takes to put on an Off-Broadway show. The Director, Choreographer and Musical Director provide training in acting, singing and dancing through the rehearsal process. The semester ends with performances in a beautiful Off-Broadway Theater. Invite your friends and family to the shows, which are also attended by agents, managers and casting directors looking for new talent. Workshops by audition only (please call 212-717-0703 to make an appointment).
Class dates exclude these holidays:
September 29 (Rosh Hashanah), October 13 (Columbus Day Weekend), December 22 (Winter Break), December 29 (Winter Break)
- THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR THE WEEKEND WORKSHOPS.
- Students entering Company A must take at least one year (two semesters) of Intermediate Dance Performance Styles and Technique or another dance class of an equivalent level before being granted approval. Students enrolled in Company A must take Advanced Dance Performance Styles and Technique or a dance class of equivalent level.
- Students must wear appropriate attire for class: comfortable clothing, dance shoes (no boots or sandals).
- Students must bring a handheld recording device that is in perfect working condition to every class to record music and harmonies.
- Students must attend dress rehearsals and end-of-semester performances, otherwise they cannot be in the program. Students may not miss more than 2 pre-planned classes, or their role may be compromised
- Applause reserves the right to dismiss a student, without refund, whose conduct or influence, in the opinion of the Program Director, is not in the best interests of the program.
- Returned Checks: There is a $30 charge issued on each check returned from the bank for any reason