Applause Dance Intensive
The Summer Dance Intensive is designed for the passionate young dancer interested in expanding their skills through rigorous training in a nurturing environment. Classes focus on building a solid foundation in ballet and jazz technique, while also exploring a variety of disciplines, including theater dance, hip hop, commercial styles, and contemporary. Students will also participate in daily strength and conditioning exercises to promote optimal performance and injury prevention. This two-week boot camp is the perfect intensive for young dancers looking to level up!
This program is by approval only. Please see below for eligibility:
- Advanced Dancers with at least two years of prior training in both jazz and hip hop styles.
- Dancers must be granted approval from the Director of Dance or must be a member of the Applause Intermediate or Advanced Dance Company.
- Dancers must be available to participate in the entire two-week program.
Optional Added Service: “SOLO VERSION”
We understand that this is a difficult time for many aspiring dancers, especially those who are hoping to audition for high school or college in the next few months. Therefore, for an additional price dancers will have the option of recording themselves performing a “solo version” of any combo taught throughout the program. The solo piece will be professionally edited into a one-minute clip that can be added to any dance reel or used as supplemental content for high school or college applications.
- Students must participate in the entire duration of class.
- There are no refunds for the Summer Dance Intensive.
- Students must arrive five minutes prior to the beginning of class.
- Students must wear appropriate attire for class: all dancers should have athletic sneakers or jazz shoes.
- Applause uses Zoom as our online learning platform. All students must have access to Zoom.
- Applause reserves the right to dismiss a student, without refund, whose conduct or influence, in the opinion of the Program Director, is not in the best interests of the program.
- Applause reserves the right to film, photograph classes and share footage, movies and photographs on appropriate viewing platforms and for teaching purposes and publicity. Viewing platforms may include, but are not limited to, Applause Theatrical Workshops Inc. social media outlets and YouTube channel.